Doing the “School Get Healthy Kick-off challenge!” with our IBOS team. Knowing me, going off sugar for any period of time is going to be incredibly hard. The reason I am sharing this is for my fellow in FBHQ to keep me honest and shame me if am cheating.
Its a 40 day program and here is how it works!
You may receive 1 point for completing each category per day: (max 4 per day)
• 1 point for every day you make it with no sugar. Sugar includes (but not limited to); maple syrup, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, equal, xylitol, stevia, evaporated cane juice, brown rice syrup, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize. Honey is the only thing allowed because of those with seasonal allergies
• 1822: Americans consume 45 grams of sugar every five days, or the amount of sugar in a can of coke.
• 2012: Americans consume 756 grams of sugar every five days, or 130 POUNDS of sugar a year.
o This is probably the largest cause for third of our nation being obese and 75% of Americans being overweight. Not only does it contribute to Heart Disease (the number 1 killer in America), it causes so many other bodily issues in us and our children. Here is a cool website, watch the videos for more info: http://www.nerdfitness.com/…/everything-you-need-to-know-a…/
• 1 point every day you complete 30 minutes of an elevated heart rate workout. This could include running, elliptical, biking, swimming, strength training, hiking, dancing, ect. But it needs to be intentional. Grocery shopping for 30 minutes does not count.
• 1 point for every day you drink 2 liters (68 oz.) of water. Our bodies are about 60% water so why not keep it hydrated. Get a bottle and make marks so you know where you are at. Studies show drinking water can increase energy, brain function, weight loss, skin health and much more. Two studies showed drinking 17oz. of water can temporarily boost metabolism by 24-30% (and who doesn’t want that!)
• 1 point for every day you complete 75 sit-ups, 50 squats or 25 push-ups. You don’t have to do all, choose one and rotate daily so you get strong all over.
Wish me luck…